Fight For The Bride Dream 29.11.2023

Fight For The Bride Dream 29.11.2023

I am stood at the side of a MMA cage. All around me are hundreds of people shouting, screaming and cheering in the dark.

I have a professional MMA female fighter next to me on my left (Amanda Nunes). She is holding on to the cage, her fingers locked through it with an immense grip. She is shouting "GET UP, GET UP AND FIGHT BACK!"

I now look into the cage and pay attention to the fighters in it. 

A friend of mine is in the cage fighting an opponent. She is on the defence even though she has a "top position."

Her opponent has her beat up, tired and in a triangle choke that appears to be locked in tight.

My friend is still throwing punches at her opponent, but she is just about to go unconscious. I'm waiting for her to tap or the referee to end the fight. Neither happen as she looses consciousness and I see her body go limp.

I have a white towel in my right hand and throw it over the top of the cage as I jump over the top and grab her from behind so she doesn't fall and hurt herself.

She falls into my arms backwards and I gently sit up against the cage fence, with her back lead on my chest. She is coming to. She starts to cry and then says " I'm sorry, I let you down. I let us all down."

I said "No you didn't! You fought well and showed how tough you are. We need to sharpen up our tactics, decision making, timing and technics. You have made us proud." My friend starts to cry some more as she catches her breath.

The professional MAA fighter is knelt in front of her, consoling her, while the crowd are showing their appreciation to her. 

I realise my t shirt is covered in her sweat, blood and tears. I am covered in it.

My friend turns into me and says " I don't know if I can fight anymore" and starts to cry again into my chest while gripping my t shirt tightly with her hands. I say to her " You have to keep fighting."



Comments

Popular Posts